Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Shrine of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, Newport City

I’m not a devout Catholic but I really admire Catholic Churches. For me, these houses of worship are Architectural wonders. They showcase the best in building design and aesthetics.

IMG_9373

I stumbled upon the Shrine of St. Therese of the Child Jesus in Newport City, Pasay, when I attended the movie screening of “Breaking Dawn Part 2”. It was held at Newport Cinema, Resorts World Manila, Pasay City. I came early to the venue and decided to tour around the vicinity.

Behold, there’s the Shrine of St. Therese of the Child Jesus right beside the Newport Lighthouse. On the facade of the shrine you’ll the statues of Filipino saints Pedro Calungsod and Lorenzo Ruiz. The interior of the shrine is aligned with stained glass.

There is a wonderful garden at both sides of the shrine which is ideal for a quite time. This church is definitely not crowded with worshippers and it looks very elite. I visited the shrine’s website and learned that their goal is to be the center of devotion for St. Therese of the Child Jesus in the Philippines.

IMG_9372 IMG_9374 IMG_9376 Saint Jose Maria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei

IMG_9377 IMG_9378 IMG_9379 IMG_9380 I love the stained glass that adorns the shrine

IMG_9381 IMG_9382 IMG_9383 IMG_9384 The main altar of the Shrine of St. Therese of the Child Jesus in Newport City, Pasay

IMG_9385 IMG_9386 IMG_9388 IMG_9391 The beautiful garden at the side of the shrine

No comments:

Post a Comment