The Church of Cainta is known by its formal name of Our Lady of Light Parish. It’s located along A. Bonifacio Avenue in the town center of Cainta and is one of the oldest churches in the province of Rizal (built in 1707).
The architecture of the church’s façade is Baroque.
The history of the church is summarized in the marker near the entrance. The marker on the church reads:
Simbahan ng Cainta
Ipinatayo ni Padre Gaspar Marco S.J. ang simbahang yari sa bato, 1707. Tinapos ni Padre Joaquin Sanchez, S.J., 1716. Inialay sa Patronato ng Nuestra Senora de la Luz, 1727. Naging Simbahang Parokyal, 1760. Nasunog kasama ang larawan ng patron noong digmaang Filipino-Amerikano, 1899. Ipininta ni Fernando Amorsolo ang replica ng larawan ng patron, 1950. Muling ipinatayo ang Simbahan at ipinanumbalik ang orihinal na harapan ni arkitekto Fernando Ocampo, 1966. Pinasinayaan ni Rufino Cardinal Santos, 25 Pebrero 1968.
Here’s my own translation of the words on the marker:
Church of Cainta
Father Gaspar Marco S.J. built the church that is made of stones in 1707. It was completed by Father Joaquin Sanchez S.J. in 1716. The church was dedicated to the Patronage of Our Lady of Light, 1727. It became a Parochial Church in 1760. The church was burned together with the image of the Patron during the Filipino-American War, 1899. The replica of the Patron’s image was painted by Fernando Amorsolo in 1950. The church was rebuilt and restored the façade to the original design by architect Fernando Ocampo in 1966. The church was inaugurated on February 25, 1968.
This McDonald’s branch is adjacent to Our Lady of Light Parish Church.
Our Lady of Light Parish as seen from A. Bonifacio Avenue.
The garden at the church’s courtyard.
The side entrance of Our Lady of Light Parish Church.
This Centennial Building is directly in front of the Church of Cainta.
The marker of the church which gives a summary of the church’s history.
The church’s main altar.
Similar to a lot of Catholic Churches in the country, Our Lady of Light Parish Church also has an image of the Poong Nazareno (Jesus the Nazarene).