Monday, June 17, 2013

Highlights of TOYCON 2013

So I was at TOYCON 2013 yesterday afternoon at the SM Megatrade Hall. It was full of people, cosplayers included. Two famous cosplayers were present in the event -- Alodia and Jinri Park. They spent most of their time signing posters and posing for the camera.

IMG_2410

Cosplayers from the online game Dragon Nest.

I was a bit hesitant to go to TOYCON 2013 thinking that it would probably be the same as last year. I went to the event anyway. It was as I was expecting it to be -- almost the same as last year.

Most of the action figures that were displayed are almost the same exact toys that were displayed last year. A lot of the cosplayers are the same cosplayers that were there last year -- specially the Justice League and the Avengers.

The highlight of the day was the cosplay competition called Hero Face Off. I was expecting a performance by a band or something so I stayed until 7PM. No other performances were present. Not to mention that the entrance fee increased from P100 to P120.

There were few new exhibitors that I noticed and the booth that I really loved seeing is the One Sixth Republic. Their action figures are of high quality. I also loved the free soda provided by Coca Cola and the free ID lace and pin buttons given by Mozilla Philippines (Firefox).

Some of the most common merchandized during TOYCON 2013 are mugs, action figures (One Piece, Naruto, Marvel and DC), toy cars, robots, headgears, cards, dog tags, and t-shirts . There were also home embroidery machines from Brother Philippines and booths from Komikon and schools that offer courses for animation.

Some of the cosplayers that were new to me are: Red Mask (Maskman), the boy scout from the movie Up, and Mr. Pogi (from Dragon Ball Z). I also saw the new PSP games (the latest) Marvel vs Capcom as well as Injustice (DC characters). The online game Dragon Nest was also present during the event giving free installer CDs and posters. There's also a booth dedicated to the promotion of the latest Superman movie, "Man of Steel".

Overall, I still enjoyed attending TOYCON 2013 and here are some of the pictures I took.

IMG_2408

Chris Hemsworth is the face of Thor, God of Thunder.

IMG_2430

Is he one of the Three Musketeers?

IMG_2432

A geek robot.

IMG_2434

Home embroidery machine from Brother Philippines.

IMG_2435

Tribute to Alfredo P. Alcala.

IMG_2436

I love these toys.

IMG_2437

Princess Diana of The Amazons a.k.a. Wonder Woman.

IMG_2444

Supergirl of Synergy 88 Animation Studios.

IMG_2466

A Japanese warrior?

IMG_2472

Hugh Jackman is the face of Wolverine.

IMG_2480

I’m a proud user of Mozilla Firefox.

IMG_2481

Animation artist.

IMG_2489

The guy is cute.

IMG_2490

Model of Victoria?

IMG_2515

The famous house from the movie “Up!”

IMG_2518

Tonton, the friend of Lone Ranger.

IMG_2529

Naruto is a bit pricey.

IMG_2531

The Saiyans.

IMG_2535

The guy is cute. He’s also explaining the Personal Portable 3D Printer. Check out their website www.pp3dp.com

IMG_2539

The Iron Throne.

IMG_2540

I wish Phil Dogtags could give me a free one.

IMG_2543

One of the hot commodities of TOYON 2013 – T-shirts!

IMG_2544

T-shirt printing.

IMG_2547

The guy is cute. I just don’t know his name. They’re the host of Hero Face Off.

IMG_2553

The Queen of Philippine Cosplay – Alodia.

IMG_2558

The cosplayers from Dragon Nest again. I hope they’ll give me in-game items.

IMG_2571

Gundams

IMG_2583

Wrestlers

IMG_2588

Despicable Me

IMG_2606

The pretty girl of Toy Empire.

IMG_2609

Mr. Pogi of Dragon Ball Z.

IMG_2611

Cyclops is the newest endorser of Firefox.

IMG_2616

I would say that Red Mask (Maskman) is the BEST cosplayer of TOYCON 2013.

IMG_2629

Jinri Park as Sailor Mars.

IMG_2638

One of the 7 Deadly Sins. I guess she’s Lust.

IMG_2649

The famous Boy Scout from the movie “Up!”

IMG_2653

I hope Komikon would give me free entrance to their event.

IMG_2654

Another animation artist.

IMG_2657

One of the 7 Deadly Sins. I think she’s Pride.

IMG_2664

Wonderful T-shirts showing Bleach characters.

IMG_2665

One the spot T-shirt making.

IMG_2439

Marin from the Poring Family of Ragnarok Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment