Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My New Portrait Lens

Yesterday, I bought a new lens for my Canon ESO 1100D camera – the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II. This is a lens used primarily for taking glamor and portrait shots because it gives the best Bokeh effect on photos. For P4,500 I was able to purchase this lens at Camera Haus SM Megamall. I know, I should have bought it from Hidalgo instead but considering the convenience, I purchased it instead at this store. I also purchased my Canon EOS 1100D camera from the same branch of Camera Haus in Megamall almost 2 years ago.

IMG_3608

I’m gearing towards street photography and portraiture. My street photographer friend Gilbert Obal is using the same lens and I admire his works. He also mentioned that the 50mm lens is a must-have for street photographers.

The widest aperture that the EF 50mm lens could give is f/1.8 and it also has the usual f/5.6 setting. It also has a Manual Focus (MF) and Auto-Focus (AF) feature. The downside to this lens is the absence of the zoom function. I have to adjust my distance by moving towards (or away) from my subject.

I was able to test the quality of this lens yesterday as well at the Napindan Bridge. That place has a flea market and is also popular site for kite flyers, joggers, bikers, vendors and motorcycle enthusiasts as well. It’s the perfect place for street photography portraits. Check out the pictures I’ve took yesterday using my new Canon EF 50mm lens.

IMG_3622

The cat is Persian and the dog is… askal?

IMG_3642IMG_3649

He is actually a girl.

IMG_3655IMG_3659

Baron Super Antenna!

IMG_3662

The fish is a Maya-Maya.

IMG_3663

No comments:

Post a Comment