Thursday, June 30, 2016

Travel by Foot

Ever since I got my DSLR in December 2011, I tried my best to travel as much as possible. DSLR and travelling goes hand in hand. I’m not earning much at the call center, and I don’t have a car so I do my travel mostly by foot and using public transportation. My favorite part is travelling by jeep. You can go town to town by riding the jeep which always stops at the Poblacion or Town Center (where the Parish Church, Municipal Hall and public market is usually located).

IMG_8853

My most recent travel was with my photography club and we went to San Juan, Batangas.

Five years of travelling and I have so much more to visit – so many towns and provinces to go. When I travel to new places, I always make it a point to take pictures of the church, town hall and market. I also tried to take pictures of the local food, their version of the jeep or tricycle and the local trade or industry. I also try to visit town fiestas as much as I can and to join out-of-trips either from coworkers at the call center or at the photography club.

In the entire travel trip I had the opportunity to experience, some of the things I learned are to wear light shirts (that seems to have ventilation holes) and comfortable shoes. I love walking around the city to take pictures up close and also as a form of exercise.

Lately I’ve been looking for good brands of travel shoes and someone introduced me to Mizuno. They’re known for running shoes but I guess it won’t hurt to use it as travel shoes as well. Mizuno has been one of the brands that make good quality running shoes. Who knows, I might also end up as an indie runner like Leo Kevin Mendiola.

IMG_1408

Baler Church

IMG_3319

An old house in Pulilan. Taken during the famous Carabao Festival.

IMG_6587

Church of Bagac, Bataan.

IMG_0063

I’ve been to Cubao numerous times but I just recently visited the Immaculate Concepcion Church in Cubao, Q.C.

IMG_0168

IMG_0238

We had a Visita Iglesia in Pampanga for 1 day. My friend saw this church (Sta Rita) on ANC and we decided to travel this church and nearby churches by foot and via jeep.

IMG_3223

We got invited to enjoy the town’s fiesta in San Luis, Pampanga.

IMG_6547

We visited Mt Samat National Park last National Heroes Day 2015. There are some stairs to climb to reach this famous cross.

IMG_6632-001

We visited Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar in Bagac, Bataan last year. This resort is huge and you really have to prepare your legs for a lot of walking. Bring comfortable shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment