Saturday, June 2, 2012

My First Tripod: Benro T600EX

I love taking night shots. I love to take pictures of parks and other places at night. I love capturing the lights from posts, lamps, fireworks and candles. Unfortunately, last New Year’s Eve celebration, I don’t have a tripod yet. I tried to capture the fireworks with my bare hands and the results are blurry pictures.

benro tripod

My Canon EOS 1100D has a bulb feature designed to take pictures of fireworks but it really requires a tripod to come up with an outstanding picture. After attending workshops with such photographers like Ricky Ladia, Winston Baltasar, and Jiggie Alejandrino and Noel Puyat (and partly due to advertisement), only one brand of tripod came to my mind: Benro. So when I got the chance to buy a tripod at Shangri-La EDSA, I immediately asked for Benro. That’s how advertisement affects a newbie photographer’s mind like me.

benro t600ex

Well, I tried it first with my Canon EOS 1100D and it really doesn’t “sway” as hard as the competitor brand. The tripod’s material itself is thicker, thus I went for Benro. Here are the other specs of the Benro T600EX Photo & Video Tripod:

  • 4 section tripod
  • 3-way, 1 pan-handle
  • Elevator type
  • With water level and quick shoe
  • Maximum height: 56.50” (roughly 4.70 feet)
  • Normal height: 46.85” (roughly 3.90 feet)
  • Folded: 22.44” (roughly 1.87 feet)
  • Made by Benro Industrial Inc. (China)
  • Weight: 1.46 kilograms
  • Price: P1,200 (from Shangri-La EDSA)

I can’t wait to try my new tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment