Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Canon Story

In June 2010 I created a blog for my lover who went to Saudi Arabia to work. The blog was named Elmer Loves Oreo and my lover’s name is Oreo. When I got my SSS loan that year, I purchased a new digital camera – the Canon PowerShot A495. I’m hoping to improve the quality of the pictures on my blog by using a digital camera by Canon.

IMG_0209

The latest historical place I’ve visited – the Aguinaldo Shrine

I love the color of my first digital camera – red! I began using it on my blog and I noticed that my pageviews increase from a mere 100-200 pageviews to 1,000-10,000 pageviews. I got so excited with my new digital camera that I ended up taking pictures of just about everything from churches to buildings and foods.

When I got my 13th month pay last year, I decided to invest it on a DSLR – the Canon EOS 1100D. It brought a lot of changes to my first blog and I even created this second blog, el toro bumingo.

I purchased the red 1100D DSLR since it resembles my A495, making the transition from digital camera (point and shoot) to DSLR a lot easier. It has the same red color and familiar icons that the A495 has – night shots, macro, landscape and portrait modes.

My first blog, Elmer Loves Oreo, eventually reached 100,000 pageviews and I became more active with Nuffnang Philippines. I’ve attended more events and movie screenings including a close encounter with John Lloyd Cruz and John Spainhour. I also met and became friends with a lot of bloggers through my love of photography and my Canon EOS 1100D.

john lloyd cruz

The very successful Lloydie

This year, I was able to attend the basic photography workshop of Winston Baltazar and almost all the Canon PhotoSkwela workshops. I’ve also met a lot of the Canon Brand Ambassadors including one of my favorite bloggers, David Guison.

On top of all these events, I was able to attend the Luzon and Metro Manila Leg of the annual Canon PhotoMarathon held in Villa Escudero and Intramuros respectively. I also took pictures of the Panagbenga Festival in Baguio, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Nueva Vizcaya, and almost all the major National Parks here in Metro Manila.

IMG_6821

My favorite building in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

sm city baguio

SM City Baguio

My pictures taken using the Canon EOS 1100D were also featured on Wikipedia when I participated in the Wiki Loves Monument event. I consider it as my greatest photography achievement so far.

Right now, I’ve made money using my DSLR through online ads by Nuffnang Philippines. I’m also a regular member of one of the country’s oldest photography club. Elmer Loves Oreo has a pageviews of 143,061 while this blog, el toro bumingo, has 134,381 pageviews as of today. Most of these pageviews are achieved through beautiful pictures taken using my Canon cameras. This is how Canon made an impact to my life.

How about you, what’s your Canon story?

Mall of Asia

This is the picture of SM Mall of Asia that was included in the Wikipedia article about this famous mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment