Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Heritage Town of Taal, Batangas

A few months ago, I visited the quiet town of Taal, Batangas. It's famous for having the largest Roman Catholic Church in Asia -- the Basilica of Saint Martin of Tours. It's one of the best preserved, heritage town I've visited so far (along with Talisay City, Vigan, and Pila in Laguna).

IMG_0825

Aside from the Basilica of Saint Martin of Tours, I was surprised at the number of (well preserved) ancestral houses in Taal. I have taken so many pictures of these houses and I would love to upload these on Wikipedia and on the Philippine Heritage Map. I was also surprised that the famous Our Lady of Caysasay is housed in a chapel a few kilometers from the Basilica (on the way to Lemery, Batangas). I also saw the ancestral house of Marcela Agoncillo now converted into a public museum. Unfortunately it's close during my visit.

I also tried the famous Lomi Batangas and Tapang Batangas. The price is very affordable and the quality of the food is great. It's really delicious.

IMG_0826IMG_0828IMG_0830IMG_0831IMG_0832IMG_0836IMG_0839IMG_0844IMG_0845IMG_0847IMG_0851IMG_0859

I’ll post more pictures of Taal, Batangas soon.

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment