Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Introduction

introduction icon

The hardest part about making a new blog is the maiden post, the introduction. This is a make or break post. It determines whether the blog is worthy of being followed or not. This also gives the readers a list of the things that they’ll find in this new blog.

My name is Elmer. I’m a 34 year-old gay guy who’s currently working for the call center industry. I’ve been a technical support agent for more than 4 years now. I’m also the author of the blog Elmer Loves Oreo. That blog is about my long distance relationship with my ex-boyfriend. I’ve created it as a gift to my ex-lover and a way to keep in touch with him. Unfortunately, that relationship didn’t work. Thus, I created a new blog, just for me, and my quest to finding that guy whom I’ll spend the rest of my life with (wishful thinking).

I’m an average Filipino guy who’s into Ragnarok Online (the first MMORPG in the country) and the popular game Defense of the Ancients (DotA). I’m also into Facebook, the Internet and computers. This is the reason why I work in the call center industry as a tech support guy, because of my love for technology.

I’m also into photography and I love to take pictures of buildings and places. I’m still using a digital camera but I’m hoping to get a DSLR this Christmas. I have so much to learn about the art of photography and I’m hoping to learn the craft.

I’m a resident of Pasig City and I work in Taguig City (Bonifacio Global City). I also go regularly to only two malls: SM Megamall and Market! Market! Whenever I go to the mall, I usually visit Cyberzone (I love gadgets!), National Bookstore, Power Books, KFC (my favorite fast-food), ACE Hardware, and Starbucks.

I’m a homeboy. I rarely go clubbing. My routine is just office and home. If I’m not sleeping (which is the best hobby of a call center agent like me), I’m watching movies which I usually download via torrents. I love chick flicks, war movies, Marvel movies and those that were adapted from novels. Reading is another hobby of mine. If I’m not in front of my laptop, I’m reading novels. I’m a follower of Nicholas Sparks, John Grisham and Anne Rice.

Regarding my religion, I’m Catholic. I have reconciled my sexual preference with my faith only this year. I’m Catholic since birth but when I realized I’m gay, I had issues with my being Catholic which resulted in my absence in the church for almost 11 years. Right now, I’m happy being Catholic and gay.

That’s it for my short introduction about myself. What are you expecting from this new blog? It’s mostly a continuation of my former blog, less my ex-boyfriend. You’ll still get loads of:

  • Pictures of churches, buildings and foods
  • Updates on Ragnarok Online and DotA
  • Celebrity news
  • Call center information
  • My quest for finding that elusive partner
  • My opinion on current events
  • News about the blogosphere
  • Movies, music and videos that got my attention
  • And almost everything about myself

Why “el toro bumingo”? It was my pen name during college when I worked for the school paper.

I hope to see you again in my next posts! Thanks for the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment