Thursday, June 30, 2016

Our Lady of the Abandoned, Marikina City

I’ve been visiting Marikina City for more than 8 years now, ever since I was asked to be a ninong of a wonderful boy. Every Christmas season, I would visit Marikina City to visit my inaanak to bring gifts but I never thought of visiting its main church. My inaanak resides near the Concepcion Church, which I already visited, but it was just recently that I visited the Our Lady of the Abandoned Church (Dambana ng Ina ng mga Walang Mag-ampon) in downtown Marikina City.

I’m surprised that it’s walking distance from the Sports Center (where the jeepney station is located) and that the Pasig-Marikina jeep passes by this wonderful church. I never noticed this church in all those years that I’ve been visiting Marikina City. I’m glad that I decided one day to look for this church. Lately, I’ve been visiting churches in Metro Manila.

IMG_9937IMG_9940IMG_9942IMG_9944IMG_9948IMG_9949

This establishment, Cafe Kapitan Restaurant, is located just across the Our Lady of the Abandoned Church in Sta Elena, Marikina City.

IMG_9950IMG_9951IMG_9953IMG_9954IMG_9956IMG_9958IMG_9960IMG_9961IMG_9963IMG_9964

No comments:

Post a Comment