Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fruits and Flowers

The famous Panagbenga Festival of Baguio is just around the corner. I’m a bit excited since this would be the second time that I’ll be watching the parade. This time, I’m with someone I love and I’ll be bringing my DSLR with.

The first time I saw the Flower Festival, back in 2005, I don’t have a camera yet. So I just watched it and enjoyed the day. Session Road was so crowded! I also remember that there were a lot of Koreans present in Baguio and they even have their own float. I really thought back then that Baguio became their favorite city in the Philippines. I guess those were the students enrolled in our English classes trying to learn the language.

I lived and worked in Baguio from February to September 2005. Back then, I was working for a small construction firm based in Mandaluyong. They have a project in Baguio and I was asked if I wanted to assist the construction manager there. I’ve only enjoyed my stay in Baguio during the summer season. When the rainy season came, I hated it. Baguio seems to be sad and depressing during the rainy season.

During my 7 months stay in Baguio, I’ve visited almost all the tourist attractions in the place. Baguio for me is a small city and at one time, I toured Baguio on foot. I just felt like walking and it was a very pleasant experience.

My upcoming trip to Baguio this coming February 25-26 would be my 4th time in Baguio. My first time was during high school with my brother and high school friends. The second time, I spent 3 days with my good friend who’s enrolled at the St. Louis University at that time.

Baguio for me is like my 4th favorite town, after Baliuag, Pasig, and Olongapo. I would never get tired of visiting Baguio. I always feel nostalgic whenever I visit this place. I hope my Baguio trip with Sef would add more good memories to this city.

BTW, these pictures that I’m posting right now are taken at Market! Market! I just came across these unpublished pictures and it reminded me of Baguio’s Public Market – full of fruits and flowers.

IMG_0385 IMG_0386 IMG_0387 IMG_0388 IMG_0389 IMG_0390 IMG_0391 IMG_0392 IMG_0393 IMG_0394 IMG_0395 IMG_0396 IMG_0397 IMG_0398 IMG_0399 IMG_0400 

No comments:

Post a Comment