Wednesday, November 21, 2012

On My Way To Work v2.0

My current company right now is Transcom Asia. I applied here on the same day that I was terminated from Sufferland. I am now on my 3rd month and I've been taking calls here at their EDSA site (near the MRT Ortigas station).

IMG_7970 The building opposite St. Francis of Assisi Parish Church

We're supporting an Australian account and this is my first time to handle both a day shift and an Australian account. We're supporting printers, monitors and laptops. My current schedule is from 6:30 AM to 3:30 PM.

My current residence is in Pinagbuhatan, Pasig City and I take 2 rides and a short walk to come to work. I'll take a tricycle from our street to Pasig-Palengke (P12) and take a jeepney that has the Pasig-Quiapo route (P11). I'll drop by in-front of the St. Francis of Assisi Parish Church, Shaw Boulevard and walk all the way to Filinvest Building (Transcom).

It usually takes me 20 minutes to walk that distance. Mostly I walk at the back of the EDSA Shangri-La Mall. This mall is expanding and it seems that this area will be a popular spot like Trinoma or Gateway. Most shoppers prefer SM Megamall but this is Shangri-La's way of competing.

I'll cross EDSA on the overpass in front of SM Megamall, where they're currently building their multiple-floor parking area. I'll walk past the Highway 54 commercial center and the DTI satellite office. I always notice a huge crowd in this office because of the registration of helmets used by those who ride the motorcycle.

I'll stop by the MRT Ortigas Station where I'll buy my daily Taho for P10. Taho is always part of my daily routine along with Yakult. A few more steps and I’m at the Transcom Asia building.

Some of the reasons why I choose to work in Transcom Asia is the dayshift (I wanted to be human again) and the location (gives me an opportunity to walk). It's really good to walk early in the morning (as an exercise) when there aren't much people on the street (particularly in EDSA).

IMG_7985 The taho vendor that serves me hot taho in the morning. He’s always at the MRT Ortigas Station.

IMG_7971 The building adjacent to St. Francis of Assisi Parish Church.

IMG_7972 IMG_7973 IMG_7974 I’m looking forward to a bigger Shangri-La EDSA mall.

IMG_7975 EDSA going to Cubao area

IMG_7976 The SM Megamall parking area is being improved.

IMG_7977 Rush hour in the morning. Vehicles going to Makati area

IMG_7980 The commercial center opposite SM Megamall. Highway 54 is the old name of EDSA

IMG_7981 The DTI satellite center at Highway 54 where motorist bring their helmets for certificationIMG_7982IMG_7983MRT Ortigas Station

No comments:

Post a Comment