Friday, October 25, 2013

My Bacolod and Iloilo Trip

I just came home from a 7-day vacation in Bacolod and Iloilo City. I was with 2 of my photography friends for the MassKara Festival. This was my first out-of-Luzon trip, my first time to ride an airplane (via Cebu Pacific) and my first time to ride a fast craft (Weesam).

During the past 7 days, I was able to do and visit the following:

  • Attend the 33rd MassKara Festival (both the school and barangay category) and 75th Charter Anniversary of the City of Smiles.

  • Attend a photo-shoot organized by the Camera Club of Negros (CCN) at the Bacolod Murcia Milling Co.

  • Took pictures of San Sebastian Cathedral and Lupit Church (Sacred Heart Shrine).

  • Stayed at 2 inns: Regina Carmeli and Pension Bacolod.

  • Ate at Organics

  • Visited the heritage houses of Silay including the Balay Negrense

  • Ate cakes at Calea, Cansi at Sharyn's, Bacolod Chicken Inasal, La Paz Batchoy, etc.

  • Took pictures of the Negros Occidental Provincial Capitol and the Lagoon.

  • Visited the Chapel of Cartwheels and a nearby heritage house.

  • Visited the Church of the Angry Christ and Immaculate Conception at Victorias.

  • Took pictures of the Redemptorist Church and Queen of Peace in Bacolod.

  • Attended the Electric MassKara, which is similar to Higantes Festival.

  • Traveled from Iloilo City to Bacolod City and back via Weesam fast craft.

  • Visited 10 churches in the province of Iloilo including the famous Miag-ao Church

  • Had a photo-walk around Iloilo City.

I'll post more information about these events with a lot of pictures. I'll just rest for now.

IMG_0729

The world-famous Miag-ao Church in Iloilo.

IMG_8620

The Negros Occidental Capitol in Bacolod City.

IMG_9652

Our Lady of Peace Church in Bacolod City.

IMG_9794

Peacock-inspired mask at the 33rd MassKara Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment