Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center Experience

Last October 13, 2012 was my first time to visit the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center (NAPWC) in Quezon City near the Quezon Memorial Circle. I’ve been hearing from fellow photographers that this is an ideal place for outdoor photo-shoots and they’re actually correct. The place is a beauty and is truly an escape to the bustling city-life. If Makati City has the Ayala Triangle Gardens, this is definitely Quezon City’s version of that.

IMG_8193

I’m from Pasig City and the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center is just a bus ride away from EDSA-Shaw Boulevard Crossing. I rode a bus en route to Fairview with a fare of less than P50 (one-way) and an entrance fee of P8 (for adult), I was able to enjoy the greeneries of this luscious park. This is indeed a favorite place for outdoor photo-shoots due to a number of photo-shoots I saw while walking around the park.

The best part of the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center is the lagoon area and the animal sanctuary. I saw a lot of endangered species of birds (owls, falcons and parrots) and animals in the park and I wish I have a zoom lens to be able to capture these magnificent animals. This is my first time to see such rare animals like the Palawan Bearcat (Binturong, Manturon) and Palawan Palm Civet (known for its famous dung).

In the vicinity of the lagoon, you’ll see an amphitheater and several cottages. Unfortunately, the cottages were closed when I visited. There’s also a building called Bulwagan Ninoy but it was also closed to the public. There were several beautiful and modern structures within the area as well as traditional houses with Capiz-windows.

I enjoyed my stay at this famous park although there are still a lot of room for improvement like comfort rooms, signage, picnic areas, and benches. I do hope that the City Government of Quezon City would improve this park like what they did for the Quezon Memorial Circle. I hope personnel of Mayor Herbert Bautista would stumble upon this blog.

Have you been to the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center?

IMG_8194IMG_8197IMG_8198IMG_8199IMG_8211IMG_8212IMG_8214IMG_8216IMG_8217IMG_8218IMG_8221IMG_8223IMG_8224IMG_8227IMG_8228IMG_8229IMG_8230IMG_8231IMG_8232IMG_8233IMG_8234IMG_8235IMG_8236IMG_8238IMG_8239IMG_8241IMG_8243IMG_8244IMG_8245IMG_8246IMG_8247

No comments:

Post a Comment