Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Tale of Two Fast-Food Chains (Part 1 of 2)

KFC_Logo

Here’s a copy of the email regarding a recent bad customer service experience I received from KFC Pasig Caruncho that I sent them:

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM, el toro bumingo <eltorobumingo@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi!

A few minutes ago, I purchased a box of 6 from KFC Pasig Caruncho with OR# 111-072274 Ref. # 643. I was not happy with how the cashier, Mary xxx, and her manager, handled my request/needs.

I brought a bike at that KFC branch and I asked for a plastic bag or equivalent so that I could hang the box of 6 to my bike. The cashier and the manager insisted that they only have paper bags, although I already explained to them the scenario. They bought insisted "paper bag lang po ang meron".

I'm not satisfied with their answers and advised them that they should have an alternative to special cases like someone who has a bike. I asked another crew for a plastic bag (sando bag) OR any means to carry the chicken, instead of a paper bag. Fortunately, the 2nd cashier said that they have an Eco-Bag for P35, which I can purchase. I said "yes, that's okay". At least it's re-usable.

So, why did Mary xxx and her manager missed giving me this option in the first place? Are they not aware that they have Eco-Bags? Why are they not calibrated?

Have they forgotten that the customer is always right? They should be reminded that it's not enough that they provide 1 solution -- there should ALWAYS be options.

el toro bumingo

KFC Customer Care replied, saying:

On 2013-07-13 6:26 PM, Customer Care wrote:

Dear Sir,

We hope that our message finds you well. Thank you for sharing your experience with our KFC Pasig Caruncho branch. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this incident may have caused you.

While we look forward to the immediate resolution of your concern, we would like to assure you that it is our steadfast commitment as a brand to maintain the highest possible standards in customer service for all our restaurants. This incident will merit verification from our Operations team. On this note, kindly provide us the transaction code (Txn:) on your receipt, your preferred contact number and most convenient time for a feedback call.

Thank you for your time writing us. Your valuable insights would undoubtedly help us improve our service further.

Best regards,

Carol xxx
KFC Customer Care

I replied back saying:

On 2013-07-13 6:55 PM, el toro bumingo wrote:

Hi Carol!


The Txn on the receipt is: 111-07122013180957


My preferred contact number is my landline 3xx-xxxx. I'm available tomorrow morning, Sunday, between 8am-12nn, and from Monday-Friday between 5pm-9pm.


I would like to know also the name of the male supervisor at that time (I forgot to ask it from him directly). Please keep me updated on this, otherwise, this story will be re-told on my blog.

el toro bumingo

I never got a reply from them after that. Thus, I’m publishing this incident.

In fairness to KFC, I got a call from them around 7:00 PM this evening (3 days after the incident). The customer care representative apologized for the incident and assured me that the people involved were properly coached.

(NOTE: I know that I should have used “both” instead of “bought” and I realized it after sending the email. I don’t want to correct that in re-posting that same email.)

No comments:

Post a Comment