Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wright Park, Baguio City

Wright Park is one of the most popular parks in Baguio City. It’s near the Albergo Hotel where I stayed during the recently Panagbenga Festival. It features a rectangular pool in front of The Mansion and is famous for horse-back riding.

It is named after Luke Edward Wright, the Governor-General of the Philippines (1904-1906) who also served as Secretary of War (1908-1909).

This is one of the things that make Baguio City unique – most of the streets and public parks are named after the Americans who designed the city (like Daniel Burnham, the architect).

In spite of my 4 visits to Baguio City, I haven’t ridden a horse in my life. BTW, I love the strawberry-taho!

wright park 9 wright park 8 wright park 7 wright park 6 wright park 5 key chains 2 key chains strawberry taho wright park 3 wright park wright park 2

No comments:

Post a Comment