Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue a.k.a. Buendia Avenue

This is still part of the Make It Makati Photo Walk series that I did around the streets of Makati. This time, let me post some of the pictures I took along Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue also known as Buendia Avenue.

IMG_5451

Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue is one of the most tree-friendly streets I’ve seen.

I also read the biography of Sen. Gil Puyat from Wikipedia and I found out that he’s a businessman and politician that served as Senator from 1951. He was also Senate President from 1967 to 1972. Unfortunately, the Wikipedia article about him didn’t specify the laws that he authored. He was just mentioned as a reformist involving the dispensation of the public works fund.

I was also curious why the original name of the street, which was Buendia Avenue (named after Nicholas Buendia, a Commonwealth Era Senator), was later named after Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue. Is it because there are fewer roads in the 1980s to name a new street for him?

Anyway, here are the pictures of the buildings that can be found along Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue a.k.a. Buendia Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment