Sunday, June 9, 2013

Trailblazer: “My Husband’s Lover”

trail·blaz·er

/ˈtrālˌblāzər/

Noun

  1. A person who makes a new track through wild country.
  2. A pioneer; an innovator.

www.thefreedictionary.com

That’s how I describe the upcoming tele-serye (TV show) on GMA Network – “My Husband’s Lover”. As far as I know, this is the first time that gay love will take the spotlight on Philippine television, not to mention on Primetime.

The people behind this project are truly a pioneer, an innovator. They really have “the balls” to produce such TV show that is beyond the norm. I salute them and I admire them for this. I’m not a fan of tele-serye but this would be the first time that I’ll watch one on Philippine TV.

My Husband's Lover 2

“My Husband’s Lover” tackles gay love between childhood friends. It’s not something common and probably happens 1 in 20 guys, but the mere fact that it will be shown on TV, on primetime, fascinates me. I watched the trailer of “My Husband’s Lover” including the music video, and I like it. It’s all about the discreet gay guys like me.

I hope this tele-serye would also focus on the struggles of gay guys like me and how society, being mostly Roman Catholics, puts pressure on gays to be like normal guys. I have high expectations on this TV show and hopefully, the viewers would have better understanding of gay guys. We don’t have any control on whom to love. That we simply want to be happy with love.

Good job GMA Network for coming up with a trailblazing project like “My Husband’s Lover”. Congratulations Dennis Trillo and Tom Rodriguez for accepting such demanding roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment