Friday, October 28, 2011

Stress Reliever

Before, it used to be called stress ball. However, since it now came in several forms and shapes, the new term for stress ball right now is stress reliever.

Stress ball is quite common in the call center industry. It serves two things: as a stress reliever and as an exercise material for the hands and fingers. Most of the time, the stress balls are given away to agents who performs in some metrics like customer satisfaction (CSAT), average handle time (AHT), or for sales made. I never received a stress ball in my 4 years’ experience as a call center agent, until recently.

I’ve been with Alorica, Sykes Asia, Convergys, and Teleperformance but I never received a stress ball from those companies. Nor have I seen them gave away a stress ball as prize. The items I received from these call centers are the Data Saver’s flashlight (from Sony-Alorica), the Sykes lanyard, and the AT&T lanyard from Convergys. I never received a book or a mug from these centers.

Recently, my current account (accounting software) in my current call center (somewhere in Taguig) provided us with a book, a mug, and a stress ball (in the form of clay). I was really touched! Not every account gives such items. In fact, in my current call center, only this accounting software (account) provided us with such freebies. Not to mention that they also provided us with the usual lanyard. Other accounts that I handle in my current company only provided lanyards.

Well, I can always buy these items from a mall, but it’s always great when it is given to us agents as gifts. Sometimes, we use these items to gauge how good an account is.

IMG_4337 IMG_4338 IMG_4339 IMG_4341 IMG_4342 IMG_4343 IMG_4344 IMG_4345 IMG_4346 IMG_4347 IMG_4348 IMG_4349 

I’m very intrigued by the material used in this stress clay. It’s like a clay, a bubblegum or a liquid-plastic. It’s not sticky! If you create a ball out of it and you throw it against the wall or floor, it bounces (unlike clay). It’s a very nice corporate or promotional gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment