Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Cost of the 2012 Starbucks Planner

I first encountered Starbucks and its famous planner when I started working for the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry back in 2007. I guess the first Starbucks planner I saw was similar to the one used by Sebastian Valmont (Ryan Philippe) in the movie “Cruel Intentions”. I guess it was the 2008 Starbucks planner that I saw. Way back then, I can’t grasp the idea of buying a very expensive coffee to get a planner.

Fast forward to December 11, 2011. I still need 7-Holiday Featured Beverages to complete my 2012 Starbucks planner. My friends and I will have coffee before our shift on Monday which will cut down that number to 4. I still have the 15th and 30th pay-out to buy the needed number of Starbucks coffee.

How did I become a fan of Starbucks? Three reasons: the coffee taste great, the place is cozy (great for date and meet-ups) and I love the design of their merchandize (tumbler and planners). So when I saw this picture (courtesy of myManila) on my Facebook today, I stopped and think for a minute or two – is it really worth it to spend this much for a planner?

cost of sb 2012 planner

My answer is YES, definitely. I’m actually not buying the coffee to collect the stickers. I’m buying the coffee because I like the coffee and I like to stay at their store. The planner is just a prize for buying their coffee during their promotion period. Besides, I only buy Starbucks coffee mostly during November-December (during their promo for the planner) and only during paydays. It’s a way of treating myself for working so that in the call center industry. Naks.

IMG_0066 IMG_0057 IMG_0061 IMG_0062 IMG_0063

How about you, do you collect the planner from Starbucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment