Monday, April 30, 2012

Long Call

sleepy-workerOur AHT is 30 minutes and for us, a long call is more than an hour. Sometimes I really get unlucky and I get a long call that last for more than an hour.

Just recently, I received a call that lasted more than 5 hours! The call started around 2:00 AM and lasted until the end of my shift. I even went for an hour overtime because of that call.

The customer doesn't want me to leave the phone. She's willing to stay on the phone so long as her accounting software is installed.

I was confident at the beginning of the call that she doesn't need an IT guy to install her software on 4 computers and have it network to each other. I provided customer assurance that I can install the software for her.

So installation of the software on the 3 computers was normal. It was her 3rd computer that was a pain in the butt. It's one of the slowest PC I've ever remotely accessed.
I checked the specs of the PC and I was a bit disappointed.

HDD 20 GB
RAM 1GB
Windows XP

She has an AVG anti-virus (which I can't shutdown totally). I was able to shutdown only the firewall. I guess it added to the slowness of the PC.

I've checked the task manager. No suspicious program running. No other programs running except for the remote session tool.

Well, I ended up escalating the call to a Tier 2 agent. That’s one of the advantages of being a Tier 1 agent – you can always transfer the call to someone else.

Photo source

No comments:

Post a Comment