Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It’s More Fun With PhotoScape

I’m not a big fan of Adobe Photoshop. I have Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 installed on my computer (courtesy of torrents.to) and the only thing I can do with it is to crop my photos. So I make it a habit to compose my pictures on my Canon EOS 1100D to avoid cropping it in Photoshop.

photoscape logo

Around 10 years ago, there were software called Aldus PageMaker and Print Artist. Those are the software that I used to create college projects, print out Christmas cards and do certificates. Let’s fast forward to 2012 in the age of Photoshop. The most popular image-enhancing tool is Photoshop. I tried to self-study it but I really can’t figure it out even after following tutorials from YouTube and Google.

Luckily, I’ve discovered this free software called PhotoScape. It was elements that are very similar to Aldus PageMaker and Print Artist and I’ve learned to do things in PhotoScape that I can’t dream of doing in Photoshop. I started out with simply putting texts on my photos. It’s very easy! Then I started out with the “It’s More Fun in the Philippines” meme. It’s a bit late but better late than never. I was actually surprised at my works! The only thing I can’t do at the moment is to create the word Philippines in rainbow colors.

Then I started spoofing the Penshoppe, Bayo and Bench ads. I have tons of fun doing it on my former team mates! Now, since it’s a HOT topic on this blog about my recent bad experience with the Facebook group “Bawal Mag-Shoot Dito”, I tried to channel the negative energy into positive output – I tried to spoof their logos and I’m very satisfied with the results.

Overall, I fell very satisfied with the free software PhotoScape. I’m using it to add texts to my pictures and I’m also using Picasa to add watermarks. I also use Picasa to organize my pictures.

How about you, what software are you using to add texts to your pictures?

agawanemoHarry PotterpanghuhulaPicture TakingPlaygroundsiesta it's more funtropa 2

It’s More Fun in the Philippines

chejebertjena bw

The next models of Bayo, Penshoppe and Bench.

barilin si rizal sa intramurosBawal Mag-SwardspeakBMSD logo 2

“Bawal Mag-Swardspeak Dito” – Quoted from Mel Cortez, founder of “Bawal Mag-Shoot Dito”.

No comments:

Post a Comment