Monday, August 27, 2012

Two Days At Subic Bay Freeport Zone (Part 1 of 3)

Subic Bay Freeport Zone (SBFZ) is my most visited place outside of Metro Manila. I’ve been here around 20 times. The reason for that is because my first love Aerous live in Olongapo City which is adjacent to Subic Bay Freeport Zone.

Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Some Koreans (or Japanese?) taking pictures of Subic Bay Freeport Zone

I first visited Olongapo and Subic Bay Freeport Zone in 1999 during a college field trip. We have a subject called History and we visited numerous historical places in the country (Laoag, Batac, Vigan and Subic). As far as I can remember, I was amazed at how the vehicles would stop at the pedestrian lanes even if there were no one crossing the street. I also remember the duty free shops in Subic Bay.

My 2nd time in Olongapo and Subic Bay was when I meet Aerous for the first time. We met in the online game Ragnarok and after chatting for months, I decided to visit him in Olongapo. It was the start of a long-distance friendship that spanned 5 years. During those times, I visited Subic roughly 19 times. Sadly, I don’t have a camera back then and I never had a single picture of Subic Bay from 2004-2009.

So when I was able to buy a DSLR camera, I decided to come back to Subic Bay and take pictures of the places inside this famous (former) naval-base facility. Aside from The Parking Lot and (former), Old West Gate and Baywalk, we visited almost all buildings inside this area. Here are some of the pictures I took during my recent visit to Subic Bay Freeport Zone (August 4-5, 2012).

Day 1: I visited The Parking Lot and almost the entire Subic Bay Freeport Zone up to the Subic Yacht Club. I also visited Barretto (The Coffee Shop) downtown Olongapo, and Harbor Point.

Day 2: I visited the (former) Baywalk, Wimpy’s Burger House, Old West Gate, San Roque Chapel, Tappan Park and Duty Free Shops.

More pictures of Subic Bay Freeport Zone in the coming days.

Subic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport ZoneSubic Bay Freeport Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment