Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ruff Ryderz: Philippine Ragnarok Champion for 2012

I just came home from SM City North EDSA. I watched the recent match of Ruff Ryderz and Coerce. They are the finalist in the recently concluded Philippine Championship of Ragnarok Online.

IMG_4133

The venue, SM City’s Sky Dome, is jam-packed with Ragnarok players from all servers! They already stopped selling the tickets when I arrived at 5PM. Good thing one of the bouncers let me in for free when I told him I’m a blogger and I’m covering the event.

I want to congratulate Ruff Ryderz of New Loki server for winning this year’s Philippine Ragnarok Championship. They will represent the Philippines in the upcoming Ragnarok World Championship in South Korea.

I remember Ruff Ryderz as a guild that started in Thor server (now Valhalla). I remember one of their most famous player: Destro. They moved to Valkyrie server and recently, New Loki. They defeated Coerce of New Chaos. It was fun watching their match. I was expecting that it would be the 3rd jobs that would battle for the championship but Level Up Games maintained the Transcended Job class in this year’s match.

For those of you who are clueless on what Ragnarok Online is, it is the first MMORPG game in the country and pioneered the rise of several online games in the Philippines. Ragnarok Online will be celebrating its 10th year anniversary here in the Philippines.

Ragnarok Online recently launched the recent patch/map name Port Malaya (Episode 25) which is based on Philippine folklore and culture.

IMG_4108IMG_4109IMG_4112IMG_4116IMG_4117IMG_4118IMG_4120IMG_4121IMG_4124IMG_4126IMG_4130IMG_4132

I took a video of one of the matches between Mouse Hunt and Harabas (battle for 3rd place) using my Canon EOS 1100D and uploaded it on YouTube. I should have brought my Benro tripod.

Congratulations Ruff Ryderz! Make us proud in RWC 2012 in South Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment