Thursday, June 28, 2012

Canon PhotoMarathon 2012 Luzon Leg

I received a confirmation email this evening about the upcoming Canon PhotoMarathon 2012 Luzon Leg event to be held at Villa Escudero Plantations and Resort, San Pablo City, Laguna this Saturday, June 30, 2012. The email said that my registration to the event was successful.

canon photomarathon 2012

The Canon PhotoMarathon is an annual On-The-Spot Photography Contest being held in key cities in the country.  There are 4 legs to this event – Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and Manila. The first of these legs is the Luzon Leg.

I suddenly have cold feet in joining the contest because my composition is not-that-good-yet. On the other hand, the other side of me is telling me to participate for experience sake and to take pictures of the venue. I haven’t gone to Villa Escudero yet.

The problem is, I have a work schedule from Friday night 10PM to 7AM the next day. The participants to the event are required to be in the venue by 6:30AM this Saturday. Not to mention that after our Friday shift at the office, we’ll go straight to our Team Building in Batangas.

We are required to pay P1,000.00 whether we are going to participate in our Team Building or not. I’m not good at attending two events at the same time. If I decided to attend the Canon PhotoMarathon event in Villa Escudero, I’ll have to travel all the way to Batangas to catch up with our Team Building. That would surely be a pain in the butt and to my budget.

At this point, I’m hoping that my team mates at work would cancel the Team Building so that I could attend the Canon PhotoMarathon. We’ll find out tomorrow during my shift if our team building would push through or not.

Is anyone joining the Canon PhotoMarathon 2012 Luzon Leg?

No comments:

Post a Comment